The next of the small ‘miscellaneous; mines described by Webb and Geach had no evidence of its existence, apart from a sett name, on Brenton Symons’ map. The trace of a possible shaft and tip/adit can be seen on the OS 1883 map in the location shown on the Cornwall interactive map.
“…there is as yet nothing of moment doing, the company not being quite formed” Webb and Geach page 100
Cornwall XXVIII.NE (includes: Linkinhorne; South Hill; St Ive.)Surveyed: 1881 to 1882
Produced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland
There may be a small patch of undergrowth in the possible location of the tip/adit. Also, a circular, slightly discolored patch of grass in the field may indicate the shaft position.
Note this map also lists a Penhargate Wood mine at this location.
“PRN (CORNWALL) : 0
SITE NAME : EAST PENHARGET MINE
SITE TYPE : MINE
MRO INDEX : 1
SOURCE : CC-A11
Reference : MCO12397
Name : PENHARGET WOOD – Post Medieval mine
Monument type : MINE
Period : Post Medieval
Form : EXTANT STRUCTURE
Summary : Four shafts, the remains of a building, a spoil tip and a circular earth bank (possibly a whim) are visible on air photographs”